Unable to find gloves better than Steel, which is also rare.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Rand

Re: Unable to find gloves better than Steel, which is also rare.

Post by Rand »

Wow, what a satisfying explanation!

A decade ago, I found all these values buried in the original game's FALL.EXE while poking around with a hex editor.
I identified what a bunch of value arrays meant (weight, enchant, etc...) but these values I remember, since they were so weird and they stumped me. It's nice to have an answer finally!

The question is: how can you make a mod to re-engineer this? The code it comes from gets compiled into the Assembly-CSharp.dll. Can mods override this?

Edit: no, you can't mod it yet (v10.12).

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:15 pm Gloves have always been super rare, even in classic. For me they're by far the hardest to find. It's not rare for me to have chain/steel gloves and adamantium everything else.
I just noticed something about this rarity of gauntlets, enemies in DFU never spawn with equipped gauntlets - not ever as there is no code to generate any as part of their equipment. So they only have some if it's random loot. This was written by Allofich so I assume it matches classic.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hazelnut wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:46 am
Jay_H wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:15 pm Gloves have always been super rare, even in classic. For me they're by far the hardest to find. It's not rare for me to have chain/steel gloves and adamantium everything else.
I just noticed something about this rarity of gauntlets, enemies in DFU never spawn with equipped gauntlets - not ever as there is no code to generate any as part of their equipment. So they only have some if it's random loot. This was written by Allofich so I assume it matches classic.
Oh my god. This explains why everyone has that problem.
And LootRealism increases this problem in its current form, because most armor drops are generated by the equipment mechanic :D