Classic Save Load issues

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
jimfcarroll

Classic Save Load issues

Post by jimfcarroll »

I have 2 questions related to loading classic saves.

First, is there a plan to load the quest progress from the classic save file?

Secondly, I have a character with Lycanthrope and several stats now above 100 since, in the original game, taking levels after contracting lycanthrope allows the affected attributes to go above 100. When I load that save into Daggerfall Unity they're truncated. Is this intentional?

Thanks
Jim

Interkarma

Re: Classic Save Load issues

Post by Interkarma »

You can restart main quest from roughly where you're up to using information in this post. I will make this automatic at some point, and possibly add some granular options to dial in your restart point.

Classic Daggerfall attributes only go to 100. The exception to this is when you have the DagSkills hack installed, then you can raise these to 200. DagSkills is included with some distributions like DaggerfallSetup.

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

Thanks. I must have the hack installed since I had all of the fixes/patches/etc installed with DaggerfallSetup.

Is there a preferred place to report bugs? Issues on Github? I have a save file with what appears to be an incompletable quest.

Deepfighter

Post by Deepfighter »

jimfcarroll wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:30 pm Is there a preferred place to report bugs? Issues on Github? I have a save file with what appears to be an incompletable quest.
Github is probably the best, but Bug Reports will be seen here in the forums as well. :)
Head of the German Daggerfall translation - www.daggerfalldeutsch.de
and German translator for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Lore-Expert for The Elder Scrolls: Online

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Please post to Help & Support first. If a bug is found and confirmed, it will be moved to Bug Reports.