Dragonling soul doesn't add enchantment points

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Girlysprite

Dragonling soul doesn't add enchantment points

Post by Girlysprite »

According to the daggerfall wiki, dragonling souls should add 8000 EP when enchanting items. When I tried, it added nothing. I have tried adding it, but it added no EP.
I can share a savegame with a few dragonling soulgems.

In case it's needed: I have one of the latest versions of the game (downloaded in august after the last big release), and I play on a mac.

gimble

Re: Dragonling soul doesn't add enchantment points

Post by gimble »

There are two variants of dragonlings and only one of them provides enchantment points when soul bound. That variant spawns only during a knightly order quest and is the target of that quest.

If you trapped the soul from that quest spawn and it doesn't provide 5000 EP (not 8000), then it is a bug, else it is working as intended.

zimmicks

When will the Dragonling Soul bug get fixed?

Post by zimmicks »

AFAIK, as the game stands currently there are two versions of the Dragonling that can be soul trapped - the non-quest version and the Quest Version. Only the Quest version actually gives Enchantment Points from soul trapping.
I am actually surprised that this bug hasn't been fixed already. This can't be intended to be part of the Complete Unity Daggerfall right?

pango

Post by pango »

(I merged your post to this existing topic on the same matter)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The question is which variant is correct? Is the standard version being worth 0 EP actually the issue, or is it the quest variant being worth 5000EP?

Without better information, I rolled with the classic settings. If you guys want to talk it out here, it's a very easy thing to change and I'll go with whatever consensus decides is the correct value.

Hurricane Otter

Post by Hurricane Otter »

Sorry for the necro, but I wanted to chime in that I wasn't aware of this strange peculiarity with Dragonlings, and as a result I just blew two soul gems on useless Dragonling souls. :( I genuinely thought it was a bug and was going to report it here before I searched up this topic.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'd prefer not to necro topics older than a year or so. But yeah, this one does catch out people from time to time. :)

I like some of these weird quirks of classic. It's probably an oversight, but feels weirdly intentional based on there being a specific enemy type just for the quest dragonling. I'd love to know how that came about back in the day.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

ya i found this out the long way.

It was too good to be true lol.

A great mod would be to add boss enemies with high EP and low negatives

ruthan

Post by ruthan »

Community is not big enough, to not necroposting..

Problem with Dragonling is that is very weak.. in comparision to other high soul gem enemies.. in otherhand you can problem to do that Dragonling knight order quest, multiple times to get its 2nd best soul gem..
It still need a bit qualityOfLife not yet done mods,more 3D models props(in HandmadeMod), 3D enemies not colliding with walls + some alternative Hexen 2 like hack&slash dance mod and it would be a dream. I played Ultima0+, but i know what i want :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No one mentioned anything about the size of the community :) As this very topic mentioned it's not good to necro posts older than a year, and that is exactly what happened here, I'll take a more direct measure.