Dragonling soul doesn't add enchantment points

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Girlysprite

Dragonling soul doesn't add enchantment points

Post by Girlysprite »

According to the daggerfall wiki, dragonling souls should add 8000 EP when enchanting items. When I tried, it added nothing. I have tried adding it, but it added no EP.
I can share a savegame with a few dragonling soulgems.

In case it's needed: I have one of the latest versions of the game (downloaded in august after the last big release), and I play on a mac.

gimble

Re: Dragonling soul doesn't add enchantment points

Post by gimble »

There are two variants of dragonlings and only one of them provides enchantment points when soul bound. That variant spawns only during a knightly order quest and is the target of that quest.

If you trapped the soul from that quest spawn and it doesn't provide 5000 EP (not 8000), then it is a bug, else it is working as intended.

zimmicks

When will the Dragonling Soul bug get fixed?

Post by zimmicks »

AFAIK, as the game stands currently there are two versions of the Dragonling that can be soul trapped - the non-quest version and the Quest Version. Only the Quest version actually gives Enchantment Points from soul trapping.
I am actually surprised that this bug hasn't been fixed already. This can't be intended to be part of the Complete Unity Daggerfall right?

pango

Post by pango »

(I merged your post to this existing topic on the same matter)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The question is which variant is correct? Is the standard version being worth 0 EP actually the issue, or is it the quest variant being worth 5000EP?

Without better information, I rolled with the classic settings. If you guys want to talk it out here, it's a very easy thing to change and I'll go with whatever consensus decides is the correct value.

Hurricane Otter

Post by Hurricane Otter »

Sorry for the necro, but I wanted to chime in that I wasn't aware of this strange peculiarity with Dragonlings, and as a result I just blew two soul gems on useless Dragonling souls. :( I genuinely thought it was a bug and was going to report it here before I searched up this topic.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'd prefer not to necro topics older than a year or so. But yeah, this one does catch out people from time to time. :)

I like some of these weird quirks of classic. It's probably an oversight, but feels weirdly intentional based on there being a specific enemy type just for the quest dragonling. I'd love to know how that came about back in the day.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

ya i found this out the long way.

It was too good to be true lol.

A great mod would be to add boss enemies with high EP and low negatives