FATAL ERROR! When I disable DREAM - MUSIC mod the music is not replaced by original MIDI = SILENCE FOR EVER

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
King of Worms

FATAL ERROR! When I disable DREAM - MUSIC mod the music is not replaced by original MIDI = SILENCE FOR EVER

Post by King of Worms »

Hi,

it was reported to me - and I have confirmed it - that:

when you disable the DREAM - MUSIC part of the mod, the music stops to play completely in the game, and is not replaced with the default MIDI.

This problem persists even when you completely delete this mod file- so its irreversible...

Thanks for looking into it!

King of Worms

Re: FATAL ERROR! When I disable DREAM - MUSIC mod the music is not replaced by original MIDI = SILENCE FOR EVER

Post by King of Worms »

Ill just bump it until someone notices, this is quite serious bug

You use a modded music one time and you are screwed up for ever

pango

Re: FATAL ERROR! When I disable DREAM - MUSIC mod the music is not replaced by original MIDI = SILENCE FOR EVER

Post by pango »

I could not reproduce the problem with 0.10.7 under Linux, if I disable DREAM - MUSIC, default MIDI plays normally...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

pango wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:29 pm I could not reproduce the problem with 0.10.7 under Linux, if I disable DREAM - MUSIC, default MIDI plays normally...
Hmm thats strange, I was able to reproduce it on win10, only after that I decided to write this report. Thanks for trying!

ZuTheSkunk

Post by ZuTheSkunk »

As the person who originally came across this issue, I can say that I found this problem on Win7, so it may be something unique to Windows. I was also able to bring back the music by deleting the DREAM files from August 2019 and replacing them with an older version that I've been previously using (from March 2019, before remastered music was added).