Upside down camera

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
hannafamilycomputer

Upside down camera

Post by hannafamilycomputer »

This is just to inform you of a bug that occured last night when I was playing. Unforunately, it is not a save game error, and I don't have a screenshot (I tried to with the prntscrn button, but it didn't go to my clipboard) , but I will try my best to give you the details.

I had just created a new charecter in the starter dungeon. I saved my game after killing the rat in the first room. I went upstairs and the bat was stuck on the door to the imp room. I killed it, and opened the door. Since I had used the custom class creator, I figured I could launch spells at the imp to kill it. I opened the spell menu, but clicked off to the side.

Suddenly, the my camera was messed up. I still had the blue arrow, but couldn't control the cross hair. The camera started looking down, and kept proceeding to go down, so it looked like I was upside down on the ceiling. The imp killed me, so I reloaded my savegame from the room with the dead rat. (Which was before the bug occured)

It loaded, and started right away. A thing I noticed with the bug is that using the movement keys was rotating it, but no matter which one was used, it was still spinning forward. (This is when I tried to take a screen shot, it had me facing the two altars with the torch in between. They were all upside down)

I exited daggerfall unity, and started it up again. I loaded that save game, and the bug didn't happen. I got out of the dungeon and to the city of daggerfall without any problems.

This was with vanilla daggerfall unity, no mods were installed.

pango

Re: Upside down camera

Post by pango »

Welcome to the forums, hannafamilycomputer!

I've seen it happen in streams, and later experienced it too. Unsettling experience!
But it seems to just be what happens when you switch to cursor mode; It's easy to fix too: just press Enter.

Given that's probably something that will be modified again with the incoming legacy HUD support, I did not report it before...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Risy

Daggerfall - World rotating after making donation

Post by Risy »

In Newbrone I went to The Order Of Arkay. Made 10 gold donation, then the world started to rotate around as I moved. It rotated in 360 degree multiple times until I could turn towards that person, donated again and the issue got resolved. I donated again and the same thing happened. After I left the order and reentered it didn't occur. I was poisoned, but that seems to have no relation since I'm still poisoned. I recorded it and will upload the video to YouTube soon.
I alt+tab-ed to write this and it happened again. What the heck... If I donate 100 it doesn't happen, but happens at 104. I donated 10, then donated 1 and the rotation didn't stop. But then I did it again and it stopped. I can't figure out the logic yet, but looks like deleting one 0 and donating 100 doesn't make the world rotate, but stops it. However if I delete all the numbers and write 100 it does.
Last edited by Risy on Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Re: Daggerfall - World rotating after making donation

Post by Ralzar »

This is so weird that I’m actually suspecting it’s your keyboard that’s the problem. Some number keys or something that sticks.

pango

Post by pango »

Cursor mode, which is bound to the Return key, is not fully functional (I assume it'll be at the same time as the traditional HUD) so it currently activates the mouse pointer but just breaks mouse view control.
I guess that the Return key press you used to validate the donation leaked into the game view and activated that mode.

If it happens, just press Return again to switch it back off.
-- Charles Goodhart

Risy

Post by Risy »

Yes, that is the case, thanks.
Still, if I only press one button and donate it doesn't happen. Weird... But you know it better :D

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

-
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

pango

Post by pango »

Actually, it's already a duplicate or a 3 months old report.
-- Charles Goodhart

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

-
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jay_H

Re: Upside down camera

Post by Jay_H »

Based on pango's observation that it's a duplicate, I've merged the topics ;)