[0.10.7] windows 10 64-b "You fell somewhat bad" but priest says no disease but END = 1

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
johnnybravo1

[0.10.7] windows 10 64-b "You fell somewhat bad" but priest says no disease but END = 1

Post by johnnybravo1 »

I have tried a potion of cure disease, a cure from the priest. The priest says I have no disease. But the game keeps saying "You feel somewhat bad" and your END = 1. What might be happening? Thanks in advance

Ommamar

Re: [0.10.7] windows 10 64-b "You fell somewhat bad" but priest says no disease but END = 1

Post by Ommamar »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:13 pmProbably poison.
Yes that is likely the cause but this question does point out how ineffective the game can be in communicating what is going on.

Ferital

Re: [0.10.7] windows 10 64-b "You fell somewhat bad" but priest says no disease but END = 1

Post by Ferital »

I would argue from a pure role playing perspective that it is perfectly normal you can't know if your character is being poisoned or if his symptoms are those of a disease. That's probably what was intended by the way.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Ferital wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:30 pm I would argue from a pure role playing perspective that it is perfectly normal you can't know if your character is being poisoned or if his symptoms are those of a disease. That's probably what was intended by the way.
Ok but mixing just a touch of reality if you consult a priest at a temple they should be able to tell it is poison. With experience you can extrapolate that it is poison but since the priests serve as physicians in the Daggerfall universe it would make sense for them to be able to at least tell that you are poisoned.

Ra'Virr

Post by Ra'Virr »

johnnybravo1, if you press the "i" key, it should bring up a popup message giving you the date and time and then another one saying either "You are healthy" or, in your case, probably "You are poisoned." What does it say when you try that?

Either way, I see on UESP it says that temple healers are supposed to offer to restore your attributes if they are damaged by poison.
Spoiler!
While Temple healers are not able to treat a poisoning, you can get your attributes restored at a Temple if you are a member. Speak to any NPC within the Temple, and you will be asked if your wish to have your attributes restored (provided your rank within the Temple is high enough to receive free healing).
Is that supposed to work before you cure the poison? In my experience, if I cure the poison with a potion, it restores the damaged attribute at the same time.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Another thing that I have seen happen is curing the damaged attribute back to what it was cures the poison. The trick with hitting "i" only seems to work while the poison is active. I have not realized I was still dealing with the effects of poison in some cases particularly those that lower attributes. Sometimes I will get a message about possibly not surviving travel, risked it and survived the travel, gone to a priest who said nothing was wrong, noticed my attributes had dropped then usually I just use a self made spell to raise them back up to desired level to solve this issue.