Possible Bug With Destruction Spells

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Zephyr_Green

Possible Bug With Destruction Spells

Post by Zephyr_Green »

Hello, everyone. This is my first post so if I'm doing anything wrong please let me know.

I recently discovered that destruction magic effects don't seem to work at all. The shock spell that I start the game with does nothing no matter how close I am to the target. In the original Daggerfall I had no problems with using the touch spells. But here, the animation plays but there is no indication that I hit my target. Also, the creature will not die no matter how many times I cast it.

The same is true for ranged attack spells. The fireball appears and hits the target but nothing happens. Spamming cheap ranged spells at a rat for a solid minute does absolutely nothing.

I went through the update logs and couldn't find anything about attack spells not being implemented yet, so I assume this is a bug. Any help would be appreciated.

Ommamar

Re: Possible Bug With Destruction Spells

Post by Ommamar »

I can verify that destruction spells do work although I do think that the resistances of enemies is higher in DFU. Two techniques I have had success with is to use the target type that initiates from the caster, or use the absorption spell/advantage (this is a much better option from the start) then have the target as area of effect while targeting the ground between you and the target.

As for shock I have killed the imp with it so you might of just had bad rolls. Wisdom also seems to have a large effect on how often a spell with over come the enemies resistance.

Jay_H

Re: Possible Bug With Destruction Spells

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums. We have our eye on it: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1942