0.10.7 thieves guild quests

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
jayhova

0.10.7 thieves guild quests

Post by jayhova »

I've noticed some anomalies in thieves guild quests. I am tasked with fetch missions in the same city. Go to X residence and give Y item to Z person. They will give you an item to return. Simple enough. However when I as about where the X residence is I'm told it's marked on my map yet I can't find it. Eventually I do find it. Now it's time to return to the thieves guild and it is not marked on the map. Well i know where it is so I go there and complete the mission and am promoted. I then get a mission to steal a bracer. I locate the residence (this time in another city) and find the item but when I click on it nothing happens.
Attachments
SAVE53.zip
(222.82 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

pango

Re: 0.10.7 thieves guild quests

Post by pango »

Mmmh a lot has been going on in the development version to fix how town maps are being updated (mostly Nystul's work), so it's hard to tell how much of this is already fixed...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

There is also the thing where clicking of the item I'm supposed to steal does nothing. I back up and click on it and get the "You're too far away" message and then move closer and get nothing.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

if there is a problem with buildings not getting marked on map, could you please provide a savegame and steps how to reproduce?
thanks jayhova ;)

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I'm not sure how to reproduce the issue. It just seems to periodically happen. The thieves guild disappears sometimes. The last time was when I slept for 6 hours at the fighters guild came out at 6 am and the guild was unmarked.

In other news for some reason I am getting the same quest (same inn, same town, same job, different items and names). I have gotten the same quest 3 times in a row from the thieves guild. I thought I had saved the game where I had the mark I could not click on but I had not. :-(
Attachments
SAVE53.zip
(388.65 KiB) Downloaded 46 times

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I just figured out that grab mode no longer works on items that are part of these thieves guild quests. I switched to steal mode and it worked find. Is this behavior in line with classic?