0.10.7 Humanoid Enemies Get Stuck?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
pango

Re: 0.10.7 Humanoid Enemies Get Stuck?

Post by pango »

Well, it's not the simplest code to get into, so no guarantees when this will be looked into, but I'm sure it will happen eventually :)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Crokadilla

Post by Crokadilla »

pango wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:45 pm Well, it's not the simplest code to get into, so no guarantees when this will be looked into, but I'm sure it will happen eventually :)
No worries, I understand that it will difficult trying to pinpoint the bug among all the new AI stuff. Just knowing that the problem has been noted and will eventually be looked into is good enough for me. :)

pango

Post by pango »

JorisVanEijden wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:53 pm This may be related to a bug introduced in 0.10.7 that I fixed in this PR which will be in the next release : https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/1496
Ok, I looked at your PR more closely, and from what I understand this behavior should now only happen for missile users, so it should be a very good improvement.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Crokadilla

Post by Crokadilla »

Hey guys, it's been a while, how ya been? Sorry to res an old topic, but I thought I'd just check in and see if any progress has been made towards this? No worries if it hasn't been looked into yet, something just reminded me of the game and I thought I'd ask while it was on my mind.