Fast travel from quest log not working on some quests

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
jayhova

Fast travel from quest log not working on some quests

Post by jayhova »

I've noticed the quests to rescue members of the thieves guild trapped in taverns don't have fast travel from the quest log working. Specifically, any of the guild member X is hold up in tavern Y. The city guard will move in, in Q days. Go swap this worthless thing for the stolen thing.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Interkarma

Re: Fast travel from quest log not working on some quests

Post by Interkarma »

Fast travel from quest log requires the log entry to list an actual location resource. Where multiple location resources are referenced, the last location is used. It remains a "best effort" QoL feature for now, as classic DF was never designed in the first place for this to be very thoroughly integrated.

If a location is mentioned, it could be some other reason. Are you able to provide a quest name or ideally a save to look closer?

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

It is a low level fairly common thieves guild quest. It is a single-stage quest and it does send you to another city, town, etc. Nothing seems odd about the quest other than clicking on the city does not take you there. I'm sure that other Jay H can pull the name of the quest right out of the air. If the info does not materialize by tomorrow I will get the quest and save the game. BTW I did run that quest multiple times and go the same result.

pango

Post by pango »

Probably O0B00Y00 or O0B10Y00.

Something possibly specific is that they don't initialize any Place; Instead some Person is created,

Code: Select all

Person _contact_ face 80 group Innkeeper
and it's his location (___contact_) that's used in the quest...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks Pango. At this time it only parses explicit Place resources, not Person resource location assignments. Could probably wrangle that however.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

You the MAN!!!

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I have every confidence that one day there will be a round trip ticket. You will be able to click the log entry travel to the currently active quest area and move to the next area when that portion of the quest is done all the way back to the quest giver.