Latest build removes associations with Archaeologists

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
jimfcarroll

Latest build removes associations with Archaeologists

Post by jimfcarroll »

I'm not sure at what point since the Alpha release this bug was introduced, or if this is a problem with the mod, but I was removed from the Archaeologists guild and cannot rejoin it. The buildings and signs are still there but when I enter them the NPCs are just normal NPCs and not guild members.

I'm fairly certain this problem was introduced prior to the recent (in the last day or two) commit for guild mods.

If I go back to the Alpha release of DFU my save file still has me in the guild.

I have the latest Archaeologists MOD version. It was also a problem with the previous version since I upgraded in order to try to fix it. If you want a save file where I'm in the guild if you run the Alpha release but not in it if you run the current master, let me know.

Hazelnut

Re: Latest build removes associations with Archaeologists

Post by Hazelnut »

I've not yet released a version of Archaeologists that's compatible with current DFU core code yet. When the next version of DFU (0.10.8?) is released, there will be a corresponding release of the mod that's compatible. Also you're not running the 'latest build' as your title states, since that's 0.10.7 release.

I do appreciate you letting me know, but unless you know what you're doing (i.e. running the latest mod code from my repo as well as DFU) maybe don't try using mods with the bleeding edge code from github. The code for the mod will be breaking and throwing exceptions, which you should be able to see in unity console.

I try very hard to ensure releases are consistent, even if not backwards and forwards compatible. In this instance, I have finally extracted an interface for guild classes which is something I didn't get around to before Alpha, and this breaks any guild mods... which at this time is just mine, so I can do it with only impacts on myself. :D
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

Thanks.

If you want I can run both bleeding edge versions and let you know how it goes. I don't mind being a beta-tester.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Sure, that would actually be quite helpful. I can't always spot everything.

Just bear in mind I don't always update both at exactly the same time so they can get out of sync for a few hours while I finish off changes. Maybe you could run my other mod from code as well? Only if you want to of course. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

Seems to work fine with your latest. Thanks.