The Lucky Djinn (possible bug) [FIX UPLOADED]

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Jay_H

Re: The Lucky Djinn (possible bug)

Post by Jay_H »

Pull Request, a method to merge data in github.

Spencer45678

Post by Spencer45678 »

Ah. I never really learned how to use git hub or anything about it honestly. I know how to download files from linked pages, that's about it. Does that mean there's a fix available, or was it just a fix added in for the next release?
There are three things all wise men fear:

The Sea in Storm

A Night with no Moon

And the Anger of a Gentle Man

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It just means fix available for review. Once it passes review and gets merged into live code, it will be included in next release.

Unless I find a problem with it, it will be in November builds towards end of month. :)

Spencer45678

Post by Spencer45678 »

Ah alrighty. Thanks for explaining.
There are three things all wise men fear:

The Sea in Storm

A Night with no Moon

And the Anger of a Gentle Man

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

It should also be noted that Uncanny Valley will need to make a few minor changes to a few of the override files in the mod for the fix to work fully and give the exact same names as without the mod.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Rand

Re: The Lucky Djinn (possible bug) [FIX UPLOADED]

Post by Rand »

Will there be an update here on the status of this? I'm interested, too, and while I can monitor the mod page, I'm not sure where the info on the live code change would be.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yes, if I remember to. The PR is in the queue, so hopefully will be in a release soon. I've not had anything from Uncanny Valley but I assume he's seen what I wrote in his thread.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Rand

Post by Rand »

An update was posted listing the requirement as the latest build (10.12) so I have to assume it includes the fix. :)