Selling loot unequipping items

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
pango

Selling loot unequipping items

Post by pango »

I don't know how this is actually possible, since I don't think much code has changed in the inventory recently (could it be a problem with a mod?), but while DBFig was selling loot in Daggerfall, strange stuff started happening.
Selling ingredients at an alchemy shop unequipped his cape (can be seen in inventory later, as he soon noticed)
Just after that, while selling looted armors and weapons to an armorer, some of his equipped items were on the inventory list (I think, unless it was a very similar armor) so he almost sold some that then disappeared from the paperdoll (but I think it was still in his inventory?)
It's all a bit confusing, but they're definitely strange things going on...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Re: Selling loot unequipping items

Post by Ralzar »

Having looked at it a couple of times:

Most likely explenation is that he double-clicks the YES" button. Right under the button is the back of his cloak.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

pango wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:18 pm Just after that, while selling looted armors and weapons to an armorer, some of his equipped items were on the inventory list
His hand is also pretty close to where the Yes button is. So it might be the same thing.

pango

Post by pango »

Looks plausible, I checked that clicking on the paperdoll in this screen can indeed unequip items. In this situation it requires a second click though, just pressing the mouse button for too long is not sufficient, but it could very well be a bouncy mouse button.

I'm not sure if that could be prevented (a small recessive time after closing the dialog box maybe).

In any case, thanks for the heads up!
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart