[RESOLVED 0.10.19] 0.10.17 - Should feet defence be -3 without shoes?

Seferoth

[RESOLVED 0.10.19] 0.10.17 - Should feet defence be -3 without shoes?

Post by Seferoth »

So, just noticed that in my game if i am not wearing any shoes my feet defence is -3. Is this normal?
Edit: Bug is fixed when removing shoes/boots and then do a save and reload. I just keep finding these little beauties.
Edit2: I uploaded the bugged save, not sure if it triggers in your game, but here it is.
Attachments
SAVE2.zip
(429.42 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

Hazelnut

Re: (Bug?) Should feet defence be -3 without shoes?

Post by Hazelnut »

There's an elusive bug that still gets the feet armor value out of sync. I've been unable to find it, so really need a save along with a set of instructions that reproduce this behaviour reliably.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

I have no idea how i triggered it. Made a new character, got out of tutorial dungeon, took my shoes of to change them and there it was -3 defence. Well at least it fixes itself after you save and load.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

I always thought this was a feature, not a bug :lol:

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Okay, this time around i have a bug in my game where wearing any kind of shoes actually increases your defense by 3. This is actually more annoying as it feels like cheating. Is the defense actually increased or is it visual bug only?
Attachments
Näyttökuva (85).jpg
Näyttökuva (85).jpg (630.82 KiB) Viewed 1982 times

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Another update. In my game every character new or old will get 3 defense if they wear any kind of shoes.

Edit: Also this issue is not fixed by turning all mods off.
Edi2: Unlike the negative defense issue this is not fixed by saving and reloading.
Edit3: Went through all the races and the issue is with every race, reinstalled DFU and the issue remains.
Edit4: Sandals are not affected so it has to be something with shoes itself.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Is anyone else having this issue? Could someone go and wear some shoes and see if it increases defense in their game? I have installed everything over and tried to find a reason why all shoes(except sandals) increase defense in my game. Just wanting to make sure if others have this issue as well.

Edit: Am i experiencing Mandela Effect or something? I saw bunch of old screen of Daggerfall and there as well were people wearing shoes with 3 defense! Is this a FEATURE OR A BUG? I could have swore that shoes did not raise defense before.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

I give up. I even installed previous versions of DFU and still all shoes give me 3 defense and yet i can clearly see in Daggerfashion topic that people are using shoes that gives them no defense. I just don't understand how this issue is in my game and i swear i did not have this issue previously in previous versions. I need to take a break from DFU, this is eating away my sanity.

Edit: Here is my latest save if it helps.
Attachments
SAVE0.zip
(382.38 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

I swear this issue will drive me f***ing insane. Every race and every gender is affected. Every cloth shoes and boots are affected EXCEPT sandals. I literally cannot play the damn game until its fixed or solved or i get confirmation that it's visual bug only, almost all my characters use cloth shoes and i will not use them if they are bugged! This really is the most annoying issue for me that i have encountered so far. Anyone out there with this problem or any idea why the heck this is happening?

Edit: Also look at my Daggerfashion topic. My very first post, i have not this issue there and that character was made using this same damn version. How can a bug appear in my game when i have not installed anything new? Or i have, but the issue is now in my game even without mods. How can a bug just manifest itself out of nowhere and affect every goddamn character?

Edit2: Okay, so i booted up classic Daggerfall and it has the same problem. I...just...don't...understand.

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

This is interesting. Sorry I would have experimented with this earlier if I had seen this topic. I can see how that would be very frustrating. Not sure if it's a random thing, per character thing or a save file thing. No idea.

I can confirm that this bug does indeed exist, though it doesn't seem to be popping up with my main character, all shoes show +3 armor. I switched to one of my other characters and it shows 0 and -3 with shoes.

This is kinda crazy. I have no idea what this all means or how the bug is triggering.

First character
df_shoes01.jpg
df_shoes01.jpg (83.26 KiB) Viewed 1850 times
Second character
df_shoes02.jpg
df_shoes02.jpg (46.44 KiB) Viewed 1850 times
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.