Linux 25: ActionKeyBind Rundown

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Xaphir

Linux 25: ActionKeyBind Rundown

Post by Xaphir »

Ok, here's a checkout of all available functions in the KeyBinds.txt file. I decided to post this because I cannot get F1-F4 to produce any results. I looked around the site but was unable to find a comprehensive check of what works and what does not, so here before you is what I have noted so far. If you guys see something that you know works and I should be seeing something different please let me know.

"Escape": "Escape", Works
"BackQuote": "ToggleConsole", Works
"F": "MoveForwards", Works
"A": "MoveBackwards", Works
"S": "MoveLeft", Works
"D": "MoveRight", Works
"LeftArrow": "TurnLeft", Unimplemented
"RightArrow": "TurnRight", Unimplemented
"PageUp": "FloatUp", HaventChecked(tm)
"PageDown": "FloatDown", HaventChecked(tm)
"Space": "Jump", Works
"C": "Crouch", Works
"LeftControl": "Slide", Unimplemented
"LeftShift": "Run", Works
"R": "Rest", Unimplemented
"T": "Transport", Unimplemented
"F1": "StealMode", Unimplemented
"F2": "GrabMode", Unimplemented
"F3": "InfoMode", Unimplemented
"F4": "TalkMode", Unimplemented
"Backspace": "CastSpell", Unimplemented
"Q": "RecastSpell", Unimplemented
"E": "AbortSpell", Unimplemented
"U": "UseMagicItem", Unimplemented
"Z": "ReadyWeapon", Works
"Mouse1": "SwingWeapon", Works
"H": "SwitchHand", Works
"I": "Status", Works
"F5": "CharacterSheet", Works
"F6": "Inventory", Works
"Mouse0": "ActivateCenterObject", Works
"Return": "ActivateCursor", Unimplemented
"Insert": "LookUp", Unimplemented
"Delete": "LookDown", Unimplemented
"Home": "CenterView", Unimplemented
"LeftAlt": "Sneak", Unimplemented
"L": "LogBook", Unimplemented
"N": "NoteBook", Unimplemented
"M": "AutoMap", Works
"V": "TravelMap", Works
"F9": "QuickSave", Works
"F12": "QuickLoad" LocksUpGameIfNoSaveExists(tm)
Last edited by Xaphir on Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:59 am, edited 5 times in total.

Xaphir

Re: Linux 25: ActionKeyBind Rundown

Post by Xaphir »

I should add; I haven't been able to talk to anybody yet (tavern owners, shopkeepers, blacksmiths etc); and not sure if I am supposed to be able. Also, haven't been able to rest.

That normal at this point?

Oh, and also btw -- Testing F12 caused the game to lock up solid. Window froze and became unresponsive.
Last edited by Xaphir on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Everything you've listed here are unimplemented features, and should not be expected to be working. Moving this out of the bug reports forum. :)
Bug Or Not Implemented?

Daggerfall Unity is a live work in progress. If a feature is missing or only partially implemented, please do not assume this is a bug. If in doubt about the status of a feature, ask in the Help & Support forum.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Xaphir wrote:Oh, and also btw -- Testing F12 caused the game to lock up solid. Window froze and became unresponsive.
Not sure about the quickload issue. I haven't been able to reproduce yet. Quicksave & quickload haven't been fully moved over to the
new save/load system yet. If your usual saves and loads seem to working OK, this one might iron itself out by the next 0.3 stable.

Xaphir

Post by Xaphir »

Interkarma wrote:Not sure about the quickload issue. I haven't been able to reproduce yet. Quicksave & quickload haven't been fully moved over to the new save/load system yet. If your usual saves and loads seem to working OK, this one might iron itself out by the next 0.3 stable.
Alot, or even most of the keybinds are working. What I'm unclear on is which ones are supposed to be working that may not be showing up on my system as working. That's where the logic gets fuzzy.

kingOfWyrms

Post by kingOfWyrms »

The F12 freeze happens to me when I hit it without already having a quicksave. Interkarma, if your game isn't freezing on quickload maybe try deleting you quicksave and try again? If that doesn't work I have no idea what's causing that problem, but this is all kinda off topic.

Xaphir

Post by Xaphir »

kingOfWyrms wrote:The F12 freeze happens to me when I hit it without already having a quicksave. Interkarma, if your game isn't freezing on quickload maybe try deleting you quicksave and try again? If that doesn't work I have no idea what's causing that problem, but this is all kinda off topic.
I just checked to see if it was reproduceable, it was. I'll verify function with a preexisting quicksave.

Yep, I reproduced what kingOfWyrms did without a problem.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Xaphir wrote:Alot, or even most of the keybinds are working. What I'm unclear on is which ones are supposed to be working that may not be showing up on my system as working. That's where the logic gets fuzzy.
Keybinds that aren't working are just stubbed out and not wired up to anything yet. Some of those items, like the rest UI, will be part of 0.3. Others will get wired up later.

I know it can be tricky to work out what is and isn't implemented yet. I'm happy to answer the question if you want to pop a topic in this forum, or send me a PM.

Just keep in mind this game is early, early, access. If something doesn't work at all, it's most likely just not done yet. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Xaphir wrote: Yep, I reproduced what kingOfWyrms did without a problem.
Cheers. Let's see if this one sorts itself out by the time I finish rolling quicksave/quickload into the new save system. Once completed there will be one quicksave per character and you will also be able to load quicksaves from the new load UI.

Xaphir

Post by Xaphir »

Interkarma wrote:Cheers. Let's see if this one sorts itself out by the time I finish rolling quicksave/quickload into the new save system. Once completed there will be one quicksave per character and you will also be able to load quicksaves from the new load UI.
Yes, it does indeed look like a rolling build type advancement allows for conquering the problems in small bites, a bit at a time, as opposed to the classic methods, which seem to require more time and effort. Just from what I am seeing so far