Left Click cannot dispel info windows

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Aleryn

Left Click cannot dispel info windows

Post by Aleryn »

Upon installing Daggerfall Unity 0.10.19 I cannot dispel an information window; such as when clicking an attribute on the character sheet, or checking the time with the information key; unless I press the right mouse key instead of the usual left mouse key. I didn't have this issue in my prior used version, 0.10.17 or any other older versions of DFU.

Its really a strange anomaly. I don't even know if right click was capable of 'clicking through' these information windows before, as I always just used left click since even original DOS Daggerfall.

This isn't a major problem with the game at all, just... bizarre.

I will add that I use a good amount of mods [10-20] and suspect maybe its one of them causing this issue? Would there be a standard way to report those in use? Thanks to any whom may help.
Last edited by Aleryn on Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Re: Left Click cannot dispel info windows

Post by Interkarma »

Popup windows now ignore left clicks if this is also bound as the attack button. A lot of users would accidentally close popups while spamming attacks and miss vital text. Any other click will still close the popup.

It was a feature request here implemented by pango in 0.10.19. We're always open to feedback as well. :)

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

I missed that change in the logs. I'm glad its an intended function of DFU, I was worried there was some bizarre issue with my input settings/hardware. Thank you for the clarification, Interkarma.

Open to feedback you say?

If reasonably possible, I humbly request an override of this change back to its prior state. Maybe as a line in the settings.ini file.

... I've since become acustom to the right click option and prefer it. Thanks for the change I previously disliked =)
Last edited by Aleryn on Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Wait, wasn't this done so it's only changed for players that use left click for attack, which is not the default?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

JorisVanEijden

Post by JorisVanEijden »

Hazelnut wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:34 pm Wait, wasn't this done so it's only changed for players that use left click for attack, which is not the default?
Yes.
Old: windows listen only to left mouse button.
New: windows listen to all three mouse buttons but ignore the one you use to attack. (InputManager.Instance.GetBinding(InputManager.Actions.SwingWeapon))

pango

Post by pango »

Maybe some explanation message could be displayed when a player chooses left click for attack?

And how is that situation handled in similar games?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart