Can’t Talk to Knights of the Rose Quester

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Quanicle

Can’t Talk to Knights of the Rose Quester

Post by Quanicle »

Hi everyone,

I’m currently a Seneschal of the Knights of the Rose in Wayrest. I’m trying to talk to the quester to get a new quest so I can reach the final rank, but when I activate him, nothing happens. No dialog box or anything. Has anyone else experienced this?

Jay_H

Re: Can’t Talk to Knights of the Rose Quester

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums. That sounds first like you already have an unfinished quest with that questgiver. Can you go to a different knight hall and ask for one?

You can see your active quests in the journal, or more clearly in the quest debugger.

Quanicle

Re: Can’t Talk to Knights of the Rose Quester

Post by Quanicle »

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the reply. I didn’t have any quests in my journal, but I guess the game still flagged me as having an active quest because I decided to burn some game time and see what happened. I went from Wayrest to a town in Daggerfall and I made sure the trip took as long as possible (111 days). When I went back to Wayrest, it allowed me to take a quest again. Thanks.