[0.10.21] Base Weight Value for Warhammers Appears to be Incorrect

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
mikeprichard

Re: [0.10.21] Base Weight Value for Warhammers Appears to be Incorrect

Post by mikeprichard »

Fixed the warhammer weight on the wiki to 7.00 - thanks, all!

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

mikeprichard wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:49 pm Fixed the warhammer weight on the wiki to 7.00 - thanks, all!
Thanks for the correction.

Echo

Post by Echo »

numidium3rd wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:24 pm I took this screenshot from Classic, so it looks like UESP is wrong. Not sure where they were getting their values from but the item templates DFU uses were populated from the EXE if I'm not mistaken.
I think I can answer that. Pretty much all the tables were ported over from the old UESP (pre-wiki) days. That particular table originally listed base weight values based on steel weapons. This caused a lot of unnecessary and complicated math, so I changed it to reflect iron weapon weights (which made sense to me at the time, as iron is the lowest grade). As far as I know, nobody had access to the code back in the day, and I didn't either, so I was going off in-game numbers.

I completely missed the warhammer entry. 7.00 is correct.

Sorry :oops:

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Echo wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:54 pm
I think I can answer that. Pretty much all the tables were ported over from the old UESP (pre-wiki) days. That particular table originally listed base weight values based on steel weapons. This caused a lot of unnecessary and complicated math, so I changed it to reflect iron weapon weights (which made sense to me at the time, as iron is the lowest grade). As far as I know, nobody had access to the code back in the day, and I didn't either, so I was going off in-game numbers.

I completely missed the warhammer entry. 7.00 is correct.

Sorry :oops:
That's what I honestly figured actually, since steel and daedric both have the 1.25 weight modifier.