Walking, Running and .ini

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
rbull

Walking, Running and .ini

Post by rbull »

Walking and running are pretty much the same speed in my game, both so stupidly fast I can barely control myself! I read that you can set_walkspeed with a console command, but can it be done in the .ini so I don't have to set it every time?

pango

Re: Walking, Running and .ini

Post by pango »

Welcome to the forums, rbull!

set_walkspeed is not part of the game, it's not even part of the settings: it's a debugging command.
You should never need set_walkspeed to play the game.
They're factors in game that influence your walking speed, what is your base speed, do you use trinkets that give you "feet of Notorgo" effect? A game save could be useful. (save directories can be found below the Persistent Data Path)
Also, do you use mods?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

rbull

Post by rbull »

Thanks for the reply. I just can't figure out how to walk! The left shift key seem to only make the tiniest little difference. I was just trying to get some difference between the two. So I could walk carefully around a corner or something. I know that many modern games have an "always run" setting in their .ini, and I was afraid I was somehow stuck in that mode. Maybe there's nothing to be done.

I'm just using a lot of the mods that many people are using: interior lighting, birds, sky, clock, mountains and hills, real grass and warm Ashes. One of the quest packs too, but I can't remember which one. I set this up a long time ago (last summer) and lost my saves to a laptop disaster. I'm only just coming back to it now.

Cheers,
Rob

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

The problem in Daggerfall is usually that you are moving too slow, particularly if your Speed isn’t high enough. Which makes players run everywhere.

What is your characters Speed?

Are you using Tedious Travel btw? It’s possible for that to bug out and leave you at increased time speed.