DU 0.10.22 Crashes

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Lurkii

DU 0.10.22 Crashes

Post by Lurkii »

I've been experiencing a number of crashes during my new playthrough with 0.10.22. I'm unable to figure out whats causing the crashes as they seem to happen at random intervals, ranging from 10 mins to an hour of playtime. I have looked at the player log and it lists an unhandled Null exception at the end of the log, but couldn't figure out what the causes are ingame.

I'm using the Linux build of 0.10.22

Mods I'm using are:

Unleved Mobs
Archaeologists
Birds in Daggerfall
Meaner Monsters
Daggerfall Skyshards
D.R.E.A.M
Convenient Clock
Filling Food
RoleplayRealism
LootRealism
Mountains and Hills
Taverns Redone
Outfit Manager
No Dice
Enhanced Sky
Tedious Travel
Attachments
DU logs.zip
(25.37 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

pango

Re: DU 0.10.22 Crashes

Post by pango »

Welcome to the forums, Lurkii!

DFTFU_Environment.log:

Code: Select all

!!! Path:  invalid; trying DaggerfallUnity.Arena2 instead !!! 
!!! No valid path found, stoping !!!
!!! error in GetDirs !!! 
That's weird...
First I'd recommend started with a known good way to install Daggerfall and Daggerfall Unity, say unarchive DaggerfallGameFiles.zip in some directory, Daggerfall Unity in a separate directory, tell it where to find Daggerfall classic files (click on "<Restart" at the top left of launcher screen if the launcher starts correctly, otherwise you may have to clear existing path from ~/.config/unity3d/Daggerfall Workshop/Daggerfall Unity/settings.ini).
Looks like in your setup both Daggerfall and Daggerfall Unity are installed in the same directory, which is not recommended. If that's Lutris install scripts' doing, well it's written in Daggerfall Unity installation instructions that this is not recommended, so so much for install script reliability.

Code: Select all

operatingSystem | Linux 5.5 ManjaroLinux 19.0.2 64bit 
Cutting edge distro, so it could also be some driver or library regression.
Looking for similar stack traces I found several hits on Google, but with no clear pattern (libalsa, controllers,...) so I have no idea what to try next...
Maybe try without mods, just to narrow down possibilities?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Lurkii

Post by Lurkii »

Okay, I'll try putting the Daggerfall files in another location, see if that helps. If its an issue with the Distro then I'll try it in windows.

Lurkii

Post by Lurkii »

I may have found the issue, it seems to be the cpu governor when set to balance, I haven't experience crashes after setting it to performance.