I think Diseases not working??

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Mythboy

I think Diseases not working??

Post by Mythboy »

I seem to have trouble with my nord character and a disease (I assume bloodrot). My characters Willpower and Personality are taking a hit in their stats, and whenever I try to fast travel it gives me the message that I’m not well and could die if I try to fast travel. I never do die upon arriving no matter the distance, but no temple healer can detect anything wrong and give me a cure. I’ve even tried a cure disease potion and nothing seems to work. Is there anyway to fix this going into files or commands??

Interkarma

Re: I think Diseases not working??

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums. :) Daggerfall's systems can be a bit obscure compared to modern games. If something doesn't work as expected, that doesn't mean it's not working as intended. A zip of your save is the best way to get to the bottom of things. Info on locating saves below:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27552#p27552

There are no issues with diseases that I'm aware of. After incubation period, any diseases you have are shown on your status popup (default key is I). Some diseases end on their own after an amount of time, others are permanent until cured. If enough time has passed for incubation and you see "you are healthy" instead of diseases, then you probably don't have a disease.

It's also possible your attributes have been damaged by other means, such as Poison or a Drain Attribute effect. These can be is permanent until healed by way of a Heal Attribute spell. Most temples can heal damaged attributes, but this service is reserved for members of higher rank.