[0.10.23] changing interactive modes when using controller?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Opcero

[0.10.23] changing interactive modes when using controller?

Post by Opcero »

(Please excuse my identical post in the general forum)

I just updated to 0.10.23 and am using an Xbox controller. My only complaint is I can't change interactive modes (steal, take, look, talk). Is there a trick I'm missing to make this possible?
Last edited by Opcero on Wed May 13, 2020 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Re: [0.10.23] changing interactive modes when using controller?

Post by Interkarma »

You should be able to bind them to a controller input, but agree it's not ideal to use so many bindings for this. I've already raised this with jefetienne and we've discussed solutions like a "mode wheel" or just a "cycle mode" action binding so the interaction modes can be cycled from a single input.

This is something that will improve as the controller support matures. jefetienne is working on this and other refinements now.

Core

Post by Core »

I use AntiMicro and i created a sequence for this, works great. But since this update my Right Stick acts crazy, i have my right stick as mouse, which may be swapped with the Left Stick, but i cannot play anymore till i figure it out. =(

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Core wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm I use AntiMicro and i created a sequence for this, works great. But since this update my Right Stick acts crazy, i have my right stick as mouse, which may be swapped with the Left Stick, but i cannot play anymore till i figure it out. =(
Hey Core,

Sorry to hear that. Fortunately, my next release of features will remedy this. :) There will be an update that will include a Joystick window that can allow you rebind any joystick input for movement or camera control, invert any axis, rebind left- and right-clicking, and also allow you to set a deadzone level to require a minimum amount of movement from your joystick, which hopefully should help with funky controller movement. Also, there will be an option to disable the controller in the setup, so you don't have to unplug anything - which is also good if you're still having problems and need to use AntiMicro.
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub