[0.10.23] My Game Controller is acting weird...

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Core

[0.10.23] My Game Controller is acting weird...

Post by Core »

Hi all, i use a game controller and i just updated to .23 and now my Right Stick is borked, also both sticks kinda don't work while in the ESC pages.

I'll attach my antimico config, maybe i borked it (and forgot) as it was a WiP until recently. My setup is very different than the one suggested for .23, but that's fine imo.

I have this following setup in the file below:

Code: Select all

Left stick - W/A/S/D (movement)
Right Stick - Mouse (which is Camera i believe)
2 Stick Buttons - Crouch/Sneak
2 Shoulder Buttons - Activate Object/Switch Weapon
2 Trigger Buttons - (quick press)Swing Weapon (hold)Un|Ready Weapon
2 Meta Buttons - Character Sheet/(quick press)ESC (hold)Status
Guide or PS Button - (no assignments)
4 Buttons - Jump/(quick press)Recast (hold)Use Item/(quick press)Rest (hold)Status/Transport
D Pad - Float Up/Float Down/(cycle)Auto<>Travel Map/(cycle)F2>F3>F4>F1 Modes
Update: I missed a few details, so i updated my post.

Please help, thanks in advance! =)
Attachments
DF Unity.gamecontroller.amgp.gz
Remove the .gz suffix to use with antimicro !!
(14.09 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Last edited by Core on Sat May 30, 2020 12:05 am, edited 6 times in total.

jefetienne

Re: [0.10.23] My Game Controller is acting weird...

Post by jefetienne »

Hi Core,

Not sure if you saw my last message on the other forum post, but there are fixes coming.
jefetienne wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:46 pm
Core wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 pm I use AntiMicro and i created a sequence for this, works great. But since this update my Right Stick acts crazy, i have my right stick as mouse, which may be swapped with the Left Stick, but i cannot play anymore till i figure it out. =(
Hey Core,

Sorry to hear that. Fortunately, my next release of features will remedy this. :) There will be an update that will include a Joystick window that can allow you rebind any joystick input for movement or camera control, invert any axis, rebind left- and right-clicking, and also allow you to set a deadzone level to require a minimum amount of movement from your joystick, which hopefully should help with funky controller movement. Also, there will be an option to disable the controller in the setup, so you don't have to unplug anything - which is also good if you're still having problems and need to use AntiMicro.
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

Core

Post by Core »

Ok, great! =) I'm more on Discord, do you all have a Discord server yet?

My controller setup is for either lefties or righties, so i mapped one of the redundant L|R Triggers from the above setup to toggle the cardinal stick movements from WASD, which slides L|R (aka strafe) to W/S/Left Arrow/Right Arrow, which will turns L|R instead.

I believe he turning movement improves the natural feel, so it will be the setting default.

I'm attaching my new improved antimicro settings, button & timing changes, see below. Please consider the logic of my controller setup in planning your own! =)

I have this following setup in the file below:

2 Shoulder Buttons - Activate Object/(quick press)Switch Weapon (hold)Un|Ready Weapon
2 Trigger Buttons - (quick press)Swing Weapon/Switch Movement Mode
2 Meta Buttons - (quick press)Inventory (hold)Character Sheet/(quick press)ESC (hold)Choose Spell
4 Buttons - Jump/(quick press)Recast (hold)Use Item/(quick press)Rest (hold)Status/Transport
Note, certain key bindings are not working until .23, even then i think Slide(Right-Ctrl) & Run(RightShift) may not be bindable yet...
Attachments
DF Unity..gamecontroller.amgp.gz
Remove the .gz suffix to use this AntiMicro settings file. =)
(24.34 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Last edited by Core on Sat May 30, 2020 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Some of us set up a Discord server just as DFU fans, but jefetienne isn't on it. It's in my signature.

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Core wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:11 pm

2 Shoulder Buttons - Activate Object/Switch Weapon
2 Trigger Buttons - (quick press)Swing Weapon (hold)Un|Ready Weapon
2 Meta Buttons - Character Sheet/(quick press)ESC (hold)Status
That sounds like a cool setup! Maybe in the future I could look into actions for holding down buttons. I'd still say that I am happy with the planned default setup because it mimics the controller layouts of later games such as Morrowind and Skyrim.
Jay_H wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:11 am Some of us set up a Discord server just as DFU fans, but jefetienne isn't on it. It's in my signature.
Oh wow, didn't know there was one. I'm not an active discorder but I'm happy to join if you feel alright with that!
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

Core

Post by Core »

Found your Dis server ty! Wish Rest/Loiter had little arrows so we could set the number of hours wo needing to switch to keyboard! =)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

jefetienne wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:37 am Oh wow, didn't know there was one. I'm not an active discorder but I'm happy to join if you feel alright with that!
Your absence there is much noticed ;) And you'll find a lot of familiar faces like myself, pango, and Hazelnut there too.

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Core wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:56 am Found your Dis server ty! Wish Rest/Loiter had little arrows so we could set the number of hours wo needing to switch to keyboard! =)
I agree, that would be nice. :)
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

Core

Post by Core »

Finished my AntiMicro game controller config, see above, i'm interested in how your new official default will feel, hope to see great things in upcoming releases! Thank you all for being so quick to respond & support! =)