DFU builds require desktop download

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Vladmobius

DFU builds require desktop download

Post by Vladmobius »

Hi,

I have noticed recently that in order to download this fine product a desktop computer MUST be used where previously any net capable device could download it.

Is this an intentional restriction and if so is there a reason?

Perhaps one of you fine folks can allow it's download by any device since it is quite restrictive do demand a desktop pc.

Keep up the sterling work on this fine port.

Kind Regards
Vlad :D

Jay_H

Re: DFU builds require desktop download

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums :)

I use DFU on a Linux laptop, so I know desktop PCs aren't necessary. Do you mean excluding mobile devices? Mobile devices have never been able to run DFU.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Vlad isn't trying to run the game on, say, his phone. I think he is just trying to download the DFU installation files onto one so that he can transfer it onto a computer later on. And that he used to be able to do this but now can't.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Builds are generated and distributed via Unity Cloud Build. I don't have any control over which platforms Cloud Build will allow downloads from. I wasn't aware downloading from non-desktop platforms was even possible before. I can only suggest downloading on the computer you plan to install on.

How DFU is distributed might change after 1.0. the Cloud Build share is good enough for now.

Vladmobius

Post by Vladmobius »

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome and the kind responses to what I concede in hindsight was probably a silly question.

XJDHDR hit the nail on the head :)

Thanks for the clarification Interkarma :)