No cursor in the main menu and can't choose gender

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
smartallecus

No cursor in the main menu and can't choose gender

Post by smartallecus »

I am using the 0.10.26a build of daggerfall unity and whenever I boot up the game there's a mouse cursor for the settings page that opens first but it disappears when I start the game itself, I can still click things but can't see what I may be clicking on and on top of that when I do manage to make a new game and get to the character creator I cannot set a gender for my character even with the m and n keys. The game makes sounds when I use either of the keys but it won't continue to the next menu. What can I do I need help

jefetienne

Re: No cursor in the main menu and can't choose gender

Post by jefetienne »

Hey there, you might have a controller plugged in that is giving you an issue, try unplugging that, then disabling the "Enable Controller" option at startup. I'm not sure what the gender issue might be, though.
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

smartallecus

Post by smartallecus »

I didn't have any controllers plugged in but I did turn off the controller support like you said but that didn't fix the cursor issue unfortunately

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums. :)

Please confirm that you've setup using the recommended DaggerfallGameFiles method. That way we're all on the same page and you're using known-good game data.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27538#p27538

To summarise:
  1. Unzip DaggerfallGameFiles somewhere like C:\Games\Daggerfall
  2. Unzip Daggerfall Unity somewhere else like C:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\0.10.26 (match version used)
  3. Delete settings.ini from your persistent data path. See here to find settings.ini on your platform. Then run DFU again and point to game data location in step 1.
Because you've potentially setup using incompatible game data, don't skip step 3. Don't install any mods at all until you've confirmed base game is working first.

Once you've setup game using method above, we can start troubleshooting further if problems continue. Good luck!

smartallecus

Post by smartallecus »

Thank you so much for the help
It works now fully and the character creation is letting me through

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Have u disabled DREAM mod be4 it happened?

I get such reports from users who disable my mod (it also replaces the cursor)

Thats since 0.10.26