a map to the Glenmoril Coven does not be removed

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
DarkBrother

a map to the Glenmoril Coven does not be removed

Post by DarkBrother »

In quest "Cure for Lycanthropy" I get a map, which reveals the location of the Glenmoril Coven. Normally, it will disappear after I take a quest with "Pure water" to cure lycantropy and drink the potion. But, if I don't do it and the quest time limit expires, then the map will turn Into buggy green "parchment", which I cannot use or remove. I only use the map to get a location of coven, but i do not want to cure lycantropy.
I use DFU 0.10.27 and GOG version of Daggerfall.

pango

Re: a map to the Glenmoril Coven does not be removed

Post by pango »

Welcome to the forums, DarkBrother!

First thing first, the most recommended way to install Daggerfall files to use them with Daggerfall Unity is thru DaggerfallGameFiles archive. GOG and Bethesda versions can lead to compatibility issues.

Now on to your issue, looking at the quest, independently of whether you attempt "A Special Mixture" quest, the "Cure for Lycanthropy" quest will eventually timeout, and when it does the map should become a permanent item in your inventory; But also, if I understand correctly, should no longer be considered a quest item and lose its green background.

An archive of your game save could be useful for analysis, you can check this for instructions on how to find game saves.

P.S. FearfulPinata just picked that map, maybe we'll see in future streams how it behaves...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

DarkBrother

Re: a map to the Glenmoril Coven does not be removed

Post by DarkBrother »

Thank you for your replying!
I just checked my game and discovered that the map had disappeared after reloading a save file, created upon finishing the "Cure for Lycanthropy" quest. My bad.