[0.11.0; Win64] Dungeon map bug?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
davidk64

[0.11.0; Win64] Dungeon map bug?

Post by davidk64 »

before.JPG
before.JPG (369.89 KiB) Viewed 559 times
after.JPG
after.JPG (364.89 KiB) Viewed 559 times
Should the dungeon map show a secret doorway to a room I haven't visited yet? For the first image I could only see a blank wall. There was a quest object in the room if that makes a difference.
Attachments
SAVE4.zip
(292.71 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

Interkarma

Re: [0.11.0; Win64] Dungeon map bug?

Post by Interkarma »

The dungeon map has always been great way to find secret doors you can't see easily in game. This has been a trick since classic days.

I've always considered it to be something my adventurer has worked out while drawing their map. Like finding a secret room in a house while sketching a floor plan and realising there's missing space between some walls.

davidk64

Post by davidk64 »

Thanks for the info. I'll happily utilise the trick but if DF always reveals secret doors as if you are wearing a pair of x-ray glasses then it seems overpowered to me. Fair enough if you find a map in game that has secret doors marked on it, but for the UI to show them to you if you open the map feature seems too generous.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

davidk64 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:37 am Thanks for the info. I'll happily utilise the trick but if DF always reveals secret doors as if you are wearing a pair of x-ray glasses then it seems overpowered to me. Fair enough if you find a map in game that has secret doors marked on it, but for the UI to show them to you if you open the map feature seems too generous.
Well u also have to rotate the map all around to see the doors, so its nit all that in your eyes. I agree with Interkarma here. Sone mod could make the doors invisible.. but it would be very hard to find those doors. Maybe with another - the one which added sound of wind to these doors.