[0.11.0] Chesterwark no longer exists

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
13thsyndicate

[0.11.0] Chesterwark no longer exists

Post by 13thsyndicate »

So I fast-traveled to my usual home base, Chesterwark, in a new game, and somehow the city doesnt exist? I traveled away and back to make sure it wasn't one of those sorts of bugs but no, it still hasn't returned. Instead, I get transported to a white, snowy void, where I can turn around but not move in any direction, there is no ground, and the snow is falling up. Save game and screenshot attacked because wtf.

To reproduce:

1. Load save in void.
2. Fast-travel to another location.
3. Fast-travel back to Chesterwark to note that it is still an empty void with weird backwards snow.
Attachments
unknown.png
unknown.png (244.91 KiB) Viewed 572 times
SAVE2.7z
(109.35 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

Interkarma

Re: [0.11.0] Chesterwark no longer exists

Post by Interkarma »

Your save is in the void after falling through ground for some reason. Fast travelling away and back again reloads Chesterwark normally on my end. Have you tried disabling all your mods?

chesterwark.jpg
chesterwark.jpg (313.51 KiB) Viewed 564 times

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

No, though I didn't think any mods other than Tedious Travel/Travel Options could do that, which I don't use. I can try! Also manually walking to Chesterwark works fine, on my end. Huh, I wonder what could've caused it? I'll have to do some troubleshooting'

EDIT: .........and now I can't reproduce it even in my own game with mods on! So uh. I don't have any clue what happened either.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers, please let me know if you're able to reproduce.

If you can repro, please zip up your "player.log" (in persistent data path) from that session and attach to a reply here. This might contain some errors we can dig into.