[0.11.1] Dark brotherhood questmaster not giving certain quests

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Fatzengy

[0.11.1] Dark brotherhood questmaster not giving certain quests

Post by Fatzengy »

As the title says, the dark brotherhood questmaster refuses to give certain quests such as "concerns of a noble" or "an anonymous job"

And he replies by saying "I hired the fighter's guild" or "I had work but i hired someone else" which doesnt make sense

Every other quest works fine except these 2 which turn out to be vanilla quests ( I am using the quest pack mod )

I tried uninstalling the questpack and creating a new game without it but doing so didn't work
Attachments
2021_03_11_01_28_44.jpg
2021_03_11_01_28_44.jpg (246.68 KiB) Viewed 744 times
2021_03_11_01_28_46.jpg
2021_03_11_01_28_46.jpg (239.83 KiB) Viewed 744 times

Interkarma

Re: [0.11.1] Dark brotherhood questmaster not giving certain quests

Post by Interkarma »

Hey Fatzengy welcome to the forums. :)

If a quest can't find the required type of building/dungeon/town/etc. that it needs, the quest can't setup and you see a message like the one in your screenshot. For example, if a quest wants to use a temple in your current town, and the town doesn't have a temple, then that quest can't run.

This matches classic behaviour, albeit now more obvious with quest lists enabled. It's a bit more organic with quest lists disabled and just being brushed off every so often. Moving on to a different region or a larger town should overcome this and give the quest what it needs to run.

If you'd like me to take a closer look, please attached a zip of your save game for above and I'll be able to see exactly what quest is missing to start.

Fatzengy

Re: [0.11.1] Dark brotherhood questmaster not giving certain quests

Post by Fatzengy »

Thanks for the help, moving to town where there is a palace fixed the problem, probably because both quests need nobles and there wasn't one in the town i was in.