A couple bugs I've found

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
LypyL

Re: A couple bugs I've found

Post by LypyL »

Interkarma wrote:The MIDI synth issue started with Unity 5, but it only seems to happen in the Unity Editor (builds seem to work OK). You're right that it seems to be a threading problem of some kind.

When it happens to me, I just save my work and re-open Unity Editor and it usually goes away. I need to spend more time looking into this problem, but will need to fix it up post-release.
An interesting thing I found out about this is that if you drop a DaggerfallAudioSource component on the object with the songplayer, it will start playing :lol:

Also, I've been getting a null reference error in PlayerMotor, line 150:

Code: Select all

if ((sliding && slideWhenOverSlopeLimit) || (slideOnTaggedObjects && hit.collider.tag == "Slide"))

It's very sporadic.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

That's an interesting name for a town :lol:

Another bug I ran into was that an entire town seemed to be missing colliders - I could just walk through all the buildings. The combined mesh object had a collider on it, but I wasn't able to determine much from the inspector about it.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Haha weird! I've been trying to work out how that could have happened. Looks like the strings are concatenated, but I only do a straight assignment for that text value. No idea how they became joined like that. Let me know if it happens again. :)
LypyL wrote: Another bug I ran into was that an entire town seemed to be missing colliders - I could just walk through all the buildings. The combined mesh object had a collider on it, but I wasn't able to determine much from the inspector about it.
I experienced this once, some time back, and haven't experienced it since. I thought it might have been a Unity brain-fart since everything looked fine in the inspector. It's a weird one.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Interkarma wrote:
LypyL wrote: Another bug I ran into was that an entire town seemed to be missing colliders - I could just walk through all the buildings. The combined mesh object had a collider on it, but I wasn't able to determine much from the inspector about it.
I experienced this once, some time back, and haven't experienced it since. I thought it might have been a Unity brain-fart since everything looked fine in the inspector. It's a weird one.
maybe it is related to the flying town bug - often locations fly in the air for a few seconds to be correctly placed afterwards. maybe it updates the model positions but not the colliders

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Interkarma wrote: Haha weird! I've been trying to work out how that could have happened. Looks like the strings are concatenated, but I only do a straight assignment for that text value. No idea how they became joined like that. Let me know if it happens again. :)
I figured out this mystery

It really is an unfortunate porcupine hostel cemetery! :lol:

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I should have guessed :lol:. Roughly half the time something weird happens in Daggerfall, it's actually just Daggerfall. All part of its charm really.

Edit: Maybe it's one of those "haunted inn" experiences? Truly unfortunate. :D

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

It definitely might be haunted - there doesn't seem to be anything there in Daggerfall (and when you get there, it's just called "The Unfortunate Porcupine Hostel"..), but in DFTFU there is a whole town there

I wonder if it's a hostel for unfortunate porcupines, or the hostel itself is unfortunate :lol:

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

:lol: Thanks for the laughs, this really picked me up today.