[0.11.2] Not a bug. Ignore this

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Teralitha

[0.11.2] Not a bug. Ignore this

Post by Teralitha »

When you change your reflex speed in character creation, it doesnt actually alter your attack speed in game, however, it does still alter the attack rates of enemies. High reflexes will make enemies attack you faster and low reflexes will make enemies attack you slower, but your own attack speed remains constant.

I have tested this without using the "click to attack" option also, and it has no effect either way.
Last edited by Teralitha on Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Re: [0.11.2] Changing Reflex setting in character creation has no effect on your own attack speed but still does for ene

Post by Interkarma »

The Reflex setting changes how enemies move and attack. It's not related to player attack speed.

It's basically a difficulty setting to make enemies more challenging.

Teralitha

Re: [0.11.2] Changing Reflex setting in character creation has no effect on your own attack speed but still does for ene

Post by Teralitha »

Interkarma wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:56 am The Reflex setting changes how enemies move and attack. It's not related to player attack speed.

It's basically a difficulty setting to make enemies more challenging.
Huh... so it is. I had seen someone in a video swinging super fast. I assumed this was because of the reflex setting. But I never tried changing it before til now, always used normal. I guess they were using a cheat mod.