Daggerfall Unity no longer working

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
legleghegheg

Daggerfall Unity no longer working

Post by legleghegheg »

Daggerfall unity was working for me earlier today, however, when I tried to exit out of the game it wasn't responding and I couldn't pull up task manager, so I just decided to turn the computer off by holding the power button. After that, whenever I start up Daggerfall unity it just leads me to a black screen with the Daggerfall cursor. I have tried deleting it and reinstalling but that has not worked. Normal Daggerfall still works.

Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall Unity no longer working

Post by Interkarma »

Hey welcome to the forums. :)

To start with, please delete your settings.ini from persistent data path, in addition to setting up game again in a fresh folder. Don't install any mods just yet.

If you aren't already using it, the recommended source of game data is DaggerfallGameFiles zip on Live Builds page. This data is fully patched and curated for DFU. Other sources of game data might not be as clean and introduce instability to the game. Steps to setting up with this method can be found in link below.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27538#p27538

If you still aren't able to start the game, zip up your Player.log file, also found in persistent data path, and attach it here. We'll be able to look at the log and see if there's an obvious errors.

Good luck!

legleghegheg

Post by legleghegheg »

Interkarma wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:55 am Hey welcome to the forums. :)

To start with, please delete your settings.ini from persistent data path, in addition to setting up game again in a fresh folder. Don't install any mods just yet.

If you aren't already using it, the recommended source of game data is DaggerfallGameFiles zip on Live Builds page. This data is fully patched and curated for DFU. Other sources of game data might not be as clean and introduce instability to the game. Steps to setting up with this method can be found in link below.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27538#p27538

If you still aren't able to start the game, zip up your Player.log file, also found in persistent data path, and attach it here. We'll be able to look at the log and see if there's an obvious errors.

Good luck!
Thanks man, deleting the settings.ini and redownloading fixed it. I really appreciate it.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Happy to hear that helped. Thanks for posting back with an update. :)