Bugged attributes

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Kedai

Bugged attributes

Post by Kedai »

Hi.
Several hours ago, I began to play Daggerfall, choosing an argonian and a custom class, being level 2 yet. Well, I arrived to Daggerfall (Daggerfall), and there I accept two quests that pointed me to the same dungeon. One was about killing a Viscount, and the other (from the Mages Guild, but "unoficially" since I'm not a member. Actually, it was just for recommendation, that was the pay) about recovered a parchment.
For the first quest, once I killed the Viscount, I needed to go to some Town settled in the northeastern border of the kingdom, and talk to someone. But, when I arrived to that place (after 4 days of fast travel), I realized that my strenght, endurance and agility were at 100!
I read in some forums, but IDK if the bug was because I choose two quests at once, or if there is an external agent ruining it.
I thought that reloading my saved game will work, but it doesn't (I didn't reloaded too much). I travel, then, to closer towns, that were at 1 day of distance, but after completing three days of traveling, the bug reappeared.

What could I do?

Oh, and another thing: is normal that the skill "Running" advance fast even if it is one of my miscellaneous skills?
Well, that is all I have to say for now.
For your atention, thanks, and good day.

Ralzar

Re: Bugged attributes

Post by Ralzar »

Congratulations. You're a werewolf! :D

Kedai

Post by Kedai »

Whaaa..? :shock: Read your answer woke me up faster than any alarm clock. Hahaha.
So, I suppose that explain the little duration cutscene I have in one part of the dungeon while I sleep (the one of the naked dude where the narrator says something about the man).
Well, thanks, Ralzar!
Oh, and good day.

P. S: that happen to me for fight all those werewolves hand-to-hand.

But, oh, but then, can I choose more than one quest at once?, I mean, for the supposed bugs that carries.

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Kedai wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:51 pm But, oh, but then, can I choose more than one quest at once?, I mean, for the supposed bugs that carries.
It is generally not recommended to take up many side-quests at once, if only because they are all timed, and those taking place in random dungeons may take a lot of time depending on the dungeon's layout and where the quest item was placed. And of course the game might use the same random dungeon for more than one quest, even though I don't believe it was too had to code in a routine that checks if a dungeon is not already in use by a different quest.