Debug Menu issues with the update of 11.3

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Draconai

Debug Menu issues with the update of 11.3

Post by Draconai »

Daggerfall 11.3 doesn't seem to have a settings.ini, I see a settings.json, but no settings.ini
Also, I haven't the slightest clue where to put it in if this is indeed where I need to put in EnableQuestDebugger=True. The few places I've tried have made a mess. I need to tombstone Lord K'avar Pt III because akorithi is mute, and the unmutequestnpcs function seems to be failing, as well.

Also, I may recommend making the working function Ctrl-Tab or shift-tab again, just to keep it a bit less likely to be accidentally used - or toggled via the command menu itself - Honestly when I found tdbg didn't pull the quests it was exceedingly frustrating and I've been looking for a solution for this for days, and ended up making an account just for this.

Can't use "Purgequests" because I have warm ashes mod

Code: Select all

"Quest Debugger Input Changes

The quest debugger has a few changes to input settings. These changes are to prevent accidentally opening debugger during normal play, free up the Tab key for other uses, and to make shortcuts easier on non-US keyboards. For example, the square bracket keys [ and ] are not so easy to use on AZERTY keyboards.

If you are not a quest author or don’t care about quest debugger, you can ignore these changes.

Quest debugger is now disabled by default. Must edit EnableQuestDebugger=True in settings.ini to activate it again.<---
    Ctrl+Shift+D now cycles through debugger display states off/partial/full
    Ctrl+Shift+LeftArrow now opens previous active quest while debugger active
    Ctrl+Shift+RightArrow now opens next active quest while debugger active
    Ctrl+Shift+UpArrow now teleports to next dungeon quest marker while debugger active inside dungeon
    Ctrl+Shift+DownArrow now teleports to previous dungeon quest marker while debugger active inside dungeon

Note: Some inputs might move character, e.g. Ctrl+Shift+D will also move character slightly to right when activating debugger. This is expected and not considered a breaking issue for a debug/development feature that is normally disabled."

Interkarma

Re: Debug Menu issues with the update of 11.3

Post by Interkarma »

Hey, welcome to the forums. :)

The location of settings.ini varies by platform, see below help topic for more info. This path is also shown at the bottom of launcher once game is setup. It's worth knowing how to find your persistent data path for saves, logs, settings, and more.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27552#p27552

It doesn't sound like the quest debugger is actually want you want though. The console and quest debugger are developer tools for testing and authoring new quests. If you have trouble with a quest during general gameplay and need help, please attach a zip of your save with a clear description of problem and someone should be able to assist. There could be multiple reasons that NPC isn't talking to you, but it's unlikely to be related to isMuted flag in quest data so that command won't help.

If you just want to tombstone a specific quest, you'll be able to do this using only the console from 0.11.4 with below console commands. No debugger needed.
  1. "print_quests" - output all active quests to debugger (take note of UID of quest you want to end)
  2. "endquest <uid>" - ends the quest with specified UID value
This post has an image which shows an example of using above.