How to finish quest

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Wolfgod64

How to finish quest

Post by Wolfgod64 »

Dang, I have the exact same issue and now it's too late because I don't have a save on the exact day of the attack anymore. Plus I can't give up the gracious rng loot I've gotten in just the 1 in-game day after. Been trying to fix this quest bug for the past 2 hours and this is what I find. I tried forcing "endquest A0C01Y01" to at least avoid failure and it didn't work, and tried "modnpcrep" to make up my loss and it gave me an unknown error. Thankfully both seem to be unrelated, found out that had to do with the person being in an archeologist building, though I'm not sure if console is supposed to work for the mod or not, might be its own issue worth bringing up. Anyways, I also tried "unmutequestnpcs" on the quest giver and the console doesn't recognize that at all (thank UESP). The giver wasn't in the house I was protecting either, and I think they're supposed to be but correct me if I'm wrong.

It's not even that much rep lost, but I'm afraid of persisting issues like this. If anything I think we need a quest reset command, which I'd hope would be the same as making a save beforehand but this way it can rescue mess ups like me while still keeping progress on other quests and such.

Edit: I only just realized the date. So sorry about posting on something so late, but it was also one of the only threads I found that showed the exact same issue.

Interkarma

Re: How to finish quest

Post by Interkarma »

Hey there. :) I'll split this into a new conversation rather than adding onto a years old topic.

The issue with quest-giver not being visible in A0C01Y01 (The Bodyguard) is fixed in next release 0.11.4. They do spawn into the same building where you kill the assassins for hand-in, but a bug makes them invisible currently.