Help! I think I may have two glitches.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
SonVidel

Help! I think I may have two glitches.

Post by SonVidel »

Hi. Thanks for letting me join!

I am on a quest from the Fighters Guild and I am transporting a NPC to a dungeon. I looked everywhere for the quest person/item and when I tried the tele2qspawn / item, it told me that there was no quest item in this location. I played with some settings and managed to mess up even more! After I load the game from the Unity screen, the background goes black except for the mouse, stats bars and compass. I tried loading a previous game and the same thing happened. When I bring up the menu (ESC) it shows the menu and the background I'm supposed to see. If I press "Continue," then the screen goes black again. HELP! :(

Interkarma

Re: Help! I think I may have two glitches.

Post by Interkarma »

Hey there, welcome to the forums. :)

Regarding black screen, please confirm that you've installed DFU using the recommended DaggerfallGameFiles method. Link below has more information.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27538#p27538

If the black screen only manifested after changing some settings, I'd recommend deleting settings.ini and starting the game again. This will set config back to defaults. You'll need to repoint DFU to your game data, and this is an ideal time to use the recommended DaggerfallGameFiles if you aren't already.

For help with quests, you'll need to provide a save game for someone to investigate. Link below outlines where to find saves, logs, and settings.ini. Zip up your save and attach to a reply here using the "attachments" tab when replying.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27552#p27552