Lord K'var part 1 time limit too short

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Ralzar

Lord K'var part 1 time limit too short

Post by Ralzar »

Just felt I should flag this as a possible bug or possible thing for DFU to improve.

I was in Satakalaam, Satakalaam.
I took the first part of Lord K'var quest from the FG there. It sent me to a house at 10 in the evening. I go there and talk to the NPC. This sends me to Sentinel, Sentinel.

I travel recklessly to Sentinel and turn in the quest. I get asked if I want to continue the quest. On answering yes, I get sent to a dungeon. This is a dungeon in Satakalaam called Durchem's Guard.

Problem is this:
I am given 30 days to complete the quest and return.
Traveling recklessly from Sentinel city to the dungeon takes, at best, 15 days.
So 15 days there, 15 days back leaves 0 days to actually do the dungeon.

Jay_H

Re: Lord K'var part 1 time limit too short

Post by Jay_H »

M0B11Y18

I'm happy to factor that in. The 30-day limit was an experiment due to the quest system's wrangling with this one, where all the locations would make the time limit extremely loose (like 400 days if you're in the Wrothgarian Mountains). My thought right now is to set the initial timer to 45, plus 45 more after you've met Queen Akorithi. It's hard to find a proper balance.

If you want to cheat to compensate for the unfair time limit, you can teleport to Sentinel with the console command "location 3". That way you don't have to lose out on an existing save.

Ralzar

Re: Lord K'var part 1 time limit too short

Post by Ralzar »

My character was too weak to handle the quest anyway so my poor lvl4 wood elf archer just tried to disentangle himself as soon as possible :D