Endless lycantrope hunters

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
MystBunny

Endless lycantrope hunters

Post by MystBunny »

I killed the werewolf hunter who showed up after I ignored the cure quest, but the quest didn't end. Log still says "0 days" before the hunt begins, and I'm being attacked every time I rest or loiter. I've tried fast traveling to waste time, and saving and reloading.

version 0.11.4 and I'm using these mods
Birds in Daggerfall
Enhanced Sky
Travel Options

I've tried disabling them. No luck.

Jay_H

Re: Endless lycantrope hunters

Post by Jay_H »

Hello :) Would you be able to upload a save game so we can test it?

MystBunny

Post by MystBunny »

Zipped the folder. Hope that's okay
Attachments
SAVE2.zip
(238.5 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

You did it perfectly, thank you :)

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Cur ... ycanthropy

One of the notes says,
If the quest time limit expires, you still have a time frame (ranging from seven to twenty eight days) during which you can cure yourself using the child or embark on the search for hints regarding the Glenmoril Coven. When this time frame expires, the quest is over and all quest-related people and objects (including the child, the book's page, and the map) will disappear.
Enemies that appear in the quest:
30x One Knight every seventy nine in-game minutes (20% chance) after the quest's time limit has expired
Looking at the quest's progress, I see 9 more days remaining before the quest's time completely runs out.

Sounds like you'll have to give it 10 days to expire completely.

MystBunny

Post by MystBunny »

Ah okay. Thanks. In the original, I only ever encountered one knight. So this is going to happen every time I get another cure quest? >.< ick.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I don't have much experience with lycanthropy so my answer can't be complete, sorry; but since it repeats once every year I think it'll be the same ordeal. You can count to 30 knights or cure yourself, I suppose it's meant to be bothersome to compensate for those were-powers :)