Question re: Map Notes

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Corahm

Question re: Map Notes

Post by Corahm »

Daggerfall has a handy feature that allows one to make notes on the map by double clicking the map, then entering a note. Once the note has been entered, hovering over the mark will display the note. This works on the 3D Dungeon map, but it doesn't seem to work on the "flat" map for towns/cities. Is this an actual limitation, or is there a way to make notes on town maps?

I would have posted this to the Mod/Feature suggestion board, but I wanted to make sure this wasn't already available and I was just not figuring out how to do it. It would be very useful to be able to make notes like store quality, so you could quickly know where to sell or buy without visiting every store in town again if you forget or haven't played in a bit, or have to alt-tab out to consult UESP's unfortunately incomplete list of stores in an effort to save time.

pango

Re: Question re: Map Notes

Post by pango »

As far as I know, the current goal would be to allow to edit existing labels, but not add brand new notes on the town maps:
https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... ssues/2001
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Corahm

Re: Question re: Map Notes

Post by Corahm »

Thank you, that answers my question. I totally forgot about github. Its interesting to see the reasoning behind features and development.