Win64 BUG: Nobles in Mournoth - Cannot interact with them

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
pekkape

Win64 BUG: Nobles in Mournoth - Cannot interact with them

Post by pekkape »

I cannot interact with any nobles in Mournoth and I have visited all of the big cities now that have castles and nothing happens when I click them. The info mode works as it do show the name of the NPC but the dialogue window doesn't pop up, nor any quests. Then the question is of course if it is a game bug or a mod preventing them from interacting with the player? Well I moved to the next region on the west of Mournoth and got a quest from the first noble I met there. I use the Win64 version if it might be a Win64 specific bug?

//Pekka

Interkarma

Re: Win64 BUG: Nobles in Mournoth - Cannot interact with them

Post by Interkarma »

Can you please provide a save so someone can review? Thank you.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27552#p27552

pekkape

Post by pekkape »

Here is one save from today
SAVE12.7z
(343.13 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Loading your save, I have no problem clicking on NPCs and getting normal interactions from them.

I noticed you had a ton of mods loaded into your save. Since my game doesn't use mods and yours does, the problem lies in the mods. The typical method is to disable them all, then try enabling them gradually until you run into the problem again. When you do, you'll want to speak to the mod author. We're unable to troubleshoot other people's mods ;)

pekkape

Post by pekkape »

Thats true Jay and yes, I did install a lot of mods for sure and I did that in every TES game I played from Morrowind and forward. The thought did cross my mind that it might be a mod causing it, but I can live without doing the noble quests in Mournoth really. Lets hope not many other regions are the same for me.