How to fix Reputation?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
aharmon1030

How to fix Reputation?

Post by aharmon1030 »

Hi,
I'm playing through Daggerfall with some mods (most notably the Archaeologists Guild and, formally, Perform at Taverns). Yesterday, I begin to experience some issues with the latter mod. It began to glitch and fill my quest feed repeatedly. This caused my questdata.txt file to become about 61MB and I was getting a lot of framedrops. I ultimately had to uninstall the mod and delete my questdata.txt file. Of course, this reset the quests that I've completed, but fortunately I've only been focused on leveling and ranking up in the guilds and hadn't started the main quest yet.

This all leads me to my current issue and I don't know if it's related. My character sheet is showing that I have a reputation with the Archaeologists Guild of 71, but I can't use any of the services. I theorize that there is some sort of discrepancy between what is shown and what my actual reputation (as I can purchase locators, indicating that I'm registered with a rank of at least 30 but below 50). Is there any way to fix a faulty reputation? I've tried GuildRank ArchaeologistsGuild 71, but it just tells me that that is "not a recognized guild group."
Thanks

Hazelnut

Re: How to fix Reputation?

Post by Hazelnut »

Your reputation and rank don't always match - you have to wait to get promotions. What rank does it say you are? You didn't say.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

aharmon1030

Post by aharmon1030 »

Upon rereading the guild benefits, I realized that rank is based on my INT stat, not my reputation (I'm still fairly new to the game). That explains the discrepancy. Thanks though.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

It's based on INT, guild reputation, and skill levels. Wishing you good points on your next levelup! :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods