Changing the "StartCellX" and "StartCellY" parameters in the settings.ini doesn't work

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
yabay

Changing the "StartCellX" and "StartCellY" parameters in the settings.ini doesn't work

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kab the Bird Ranger

Re: Changing the "StartCellX" and "StartCellY" parameters in the settings.ini doesn't work

Post by Kab the Bird Ranger »

From a quick look at the code, this option only works if the specified cell has a location (ie: a pixel on the travel map). If you ask for "start in dungeon", it must have a dungeon

If it still doesn't work for you, give an example of values which 1) have a location 2) reproduce the issue

yabay

Re: Changing the "StartCellX" and "StartCellY" parameters in the settings.ini doesn't work

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've found the issue here. There's a missing TeleportToCoordinates() for conditional where player should spawn to exterior of world (i.e. no dungeon is present or StartInDungeon is false).

I've added a fix for 0.11.5 that allows player to start in any exterior world cell within bounds. If StartInDungeon is false or the cell contains no dungeon, then player will be plonked into overland at origin of that cell.

Note that origin of world cells are bottom-left (i.e. south-west) corner of cell. This means player could land in ocean or border between climates. If there's a location in this cell, it will necessary to travel north-east across block to find location.