Still just a 'common citizen' in wayrest

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
jediborg

Still just a 'common citizen' in wayrest

Post by jediborg »

I have been playing the game for dozens of hours, wayrest has been my 'home base' this whole time. I'm at max rank with the Nights of the Rose and the Temple of Akatosh, I have done several quests for the nobles. By all accounts i should be highly respected but everytime i press the 'I' key it just says 'in the eyes of the laws of wayrest, you are a common citizen'

Shouldn't it say 'of wayrest, you are a Revered citizen'!? By looking at FactionData.txt my 'rep' is 99. My 'rank' is zero however. i tried editing my rank to be 1, 9, or 10, and no matter what i am still a 'common citizen' What gives? is there a bug with DFU?
I am using version 0.11.3

Thanks

jediborg

Re: Still just a 'common citizen' in wayrest

Post by jediborg »

I am on the final quest and haven't gotten a letter from kind edwyere bribing me to bring him the final quest item, i'm worried its due to this reputation/rank issue. My rep with the king is very high (85) WHY WONT WAYREST LOVE ME!!!??

numidium3rd

Post by numidium3rd »

"Common citizen" is the rank of your legal reputation for the current region. This is lowered when you commit crimes and increased after you go to jail or when you do one of a handful of merchant/innkeeper quests. Your faction reputation gains won't affect legal reputation so unless you do one of the miscellaneous quests that can raise it you'll always be a "common citizen" at best. It's not intuitive but that's Daggerfall for you.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yes indeed ;) You can read more here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Rep ... ion_Titles. Take note that the referenced quest "A Mix-Up" currently isn't active in DFU.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Yeah, I did a lot of quests for Knights of the Rose in Wayrest with a character and got the "revered" legal status. But I took all kinds of quests. If you are selective in what quest you take you might never do the ones that give legal rep.

Hm, having region rep boost legal rep might be something a mod could do. Take the average rep of region, court and knight, and then move the legal rep a tick towards that sum each day/week for example.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:56 am Yeah, I did a lot of quests for Knights of the Rose in Wayrest with a character and got the "revered" legal status. But I took all kinds of quests. If you are selective in what quest you take you might never do the ones that give legal rep.
That would be from Quest Pack 1. Daggerfall's knight quests won't increase your legal reputation, but QP1 includes several that do.

I thought it would be weird that this heroic, selfless knight is still considered a "common citizen" by the lords he serves :lol:

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:57 am
Ralzar wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:56 am Yeah, I did a lot of quests for Knights of the Rose in Wayrest with a character and got the "revered" legal status. But I took all kinds of quests. If you are selective in what quest you take you might never do the ones that give legal rep.
That would be from Quest Pack 1. Daggerfall's knight quests won't increase your legal reputation, but QP1 includes several that do.

I thought it would be weird that this heroic, selfless knight is still considered a "common citizen" by the lords he serves :lol:
lol
"sire, the hero has heeded your summons. His return has mended the morale of the peasants beyond what we could muster."
the servant says, motioning to the gleaming knight who advances slightly and bows.
"M'lord"
"ah, great hero, you say." the old king turns
"Tis not I, I am heralded as such in these halls, sire" the hero said as he passes a warm smile to the king.
"and who might you be anyway?"