[0.11.4] Delivery quest location bug (I think)

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Osorkon

[0.11.4] Delivery quest location bug (I think)

Post by Osorkon »

I think I've found a bug with certain delivery quests. Unless I'm spectacularly unlucky (always possible).

Whenever I get certain quests (usually from nobles because it's the fastest way to test this rather than talk to random shopkeepers), the starting delivery location is always in the city I'm currently in. I know that's not the way it's supposed to be, as I've gotten these quests before and they always send me to random towns in the region. I've also tried starting these delivery quests through the console and the same thing happens - the delivery location is always in the town I'm in, never anywhere else. I've tested it at least a dozen different times through getting quests the normal way and starting them via console, and the odds of every one randomly having the delivery location in the location I'm currently in are vanishingly small.

The specific quests are Jewel Smuggling r0c10y00, Contraband Trade r0c10y01, and Gold Smuggling r0c10y02. I assume any other delivery quests would do the same thing, but I haven't tested it or gotten screenshots.

This just started when I started a new character, they worked fine a few days ago. I thought it was my mods, so I deleted DFUnity, removed the mods, deleted settings.ini, reinstalled the original DF files through DFSetup, redownloaded the latest DFUnity, and started a new character with no mods, but the same issue is still occurring. Then I tried changing the quest character in the quest file to Local 3.1 instead of Local 3.0 (I was kinda trying anything to see if I could fix it), but that didn't do anything. I have more screenshots if needed, and a save, but I don't know in what file format I should upload it with.

Help!
Attachments
2021_07_19_09_59_46.jpg
2021_07_19_09_59_46.jpg (485.08 KiB) Viewed 387 times
2021_07_19_09_56_40.jpg
2021_07_19_09_56_40.jpg (488.3 KiB) Viewed 387 times
2021_07_19_09_56_31.jpg
2021_07_19_09_56_31.jpg (493.16 KiB) Viewed 387 times

pango

Re: [0.11.4] Delivery quest location bug (I think)

Post by pango »

Welcome to the forums Osorkon!

This is most likely this issue: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1879
that should be fixed by the next release
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Osorkon

Re: [0.11.4] Delivery quest location bug (I think)

Post by Osorkon »

Thanks for the swift reply Pango! I'm glad I'm not crazy and this is a legit bug - i simply won't take these types of quests until 11.5 drops. Anything that makes the game easier is not allowed under my strict daggerfall RPG rules... only things that make the game more difficult are OK. Can't be having my character be unrealistic after all!!

As a side note, THANK YOU to Interkarma and all who have worked on this amazing game. This is the best RPG of all time IMHO.

Osorkon