Walking Out of Houses

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
LogoMatt

Walking Out of Houses

Post by LogoMatt »

I am new to this game. But I’m finding a game breaking problem with my game.

Every time I walk out of a house in the first city. It either teleports me into the sky, into the forest, or both. ( also sometimes under the map)

When it teleports me to the forest it seems to be no where near that same city.

Jay_H

Re: Walking Out of Houses

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums :)

The first step is to check whether it happens with all mods off. If it does, then it's a problem with the base game and we need to look into it.

If it doesn't, that means some mod you have installed is causing problems. You'd need to find out which mod it is that's causing the problem and report it to the mod creator. It's time-consuming, but one way is to disable all your mods and try them one at a time until you find the problem.

LogoMatt

Post by LogoMatt »

I haven’t installed any mods. I just installed the game last night.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This is almost certainly related to issue in below topic.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4984

I've found the change causing this and will issue some hotfixes today.

Update: I've posted hotfixed builds 0.11.7 with a patch for this issue.

Note that saves created by 0.11.5 or 0.11.6 might still cause player to be misplaced on load due to bad position data in save. Once you have updated to 0.11.7, update your save to fix serialized position data. If you are falling out of world then fast travel to nearest location.