Magic items need to be reequipped...

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Regnier

Magic items need to be reequipped...

Post by Regnier »

They dont seem to maintain their effects and need to be reequipped.

have others experienced this?

it could be a mod but i was wondering if its already been addressed.

Interkarma

Re: Magic items need to be reequipped...

Post by Interkarma »

More information is needed. Cast When Held magic items reroll their effects every so often while equipped. You don't need to remove and re-equip again. This same behaviour happens in classic.

But if you're having an issue with a specific item not rerolling properly, please provide a save and let us know which item you're experiencing troubles with and we'll take a look.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Hey, my bad for not giving more info

i played around a bit and think it might just be because of the outfit loader mod. im gonna try to see if i can recreate it.

heres a save anyway

The marks and amulet will be an easy indicator
Magic Items.zip
(869.77 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for save. :)

I've loaded up this character and tested effect persistence and reroll as much as possible. As always, I test base game with no mods. I wasn't able to find any issues with effects dropping off and items needing to be re-equipped to reacquire effect.

Have you tried removing mods and testing again, just to confirm this is the issue? Possibly the equipment manager, or some other mod, is breaking the effect reroll process here.