Classic Save File

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
ninjabarney7

Classic Save File

Post by ninjabarney7 »

so i just realized i could load my DF save in classic menu. loads up fine and can do everything like get new quests fine but my active and finished quests pages in the notebook are blank. is there a way to keep the main quest goin or am I just screwed? lol

Interkarma

Re: Classic Save File

Post by Interkarma »

Hey, welcome to the forums. :)

Classic save import brings in character data only. Active quests aren't imported, but you can resume main quest by following the "Importing Classic Saves" info in this post.

viewtopic.php?p=27540#p27540

You might need to replay a few quests to catch back up, depending on where you were up to main quest.

Good luck!

ninjabarney7

Post by ninjabarney7 »

thanks bro!

ninjabarney7

Post by ninjabarney7 »

so idk if should start another thread but it seems all my spells are gone and there are no Mages guild npcs...

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Guild NPCs are only available during opening hours. If you break into a guild outside of hours (e.g. bash the door, pick the lock, or recall back inside) there won't be anyone around. This is normal and you just need to come back during their opening hours. The Mages Guild is open from 11:00am to 11:00pm.

For your spells, it's most likely the spellbook failed to import. This usually means classic save wasn't from a game fully patched to .213 before import. Spellbook data usually imports OK, but if it's not readable for any reason then importer will skip it.