Red brick wall "woosh" sound then kills me

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Tamalak

Red brick wall "woosh" sound then kills me

Post by Tamalak »

Hi I want to check if this is a bug or not

I loaded up a save on my Knight who was in a small un-exitable area of the dungeon. He had teleported into it using a red brick wall. It's an area with a small spiral staircase, and three brick walls: one inaccessible behind a bookshelf, one in a wall that doesn't do anything, and one standing within a room that, when I click on it, makes a sound like a weapon "wooshing" in the air. Clicking on it repeatedly eventually kills me.

I've seen this dungeon block many times before and that standalone wall has always teleported me before (and I believe the other wall worked, too). Is this a bug?

Jay_H

Re: Red brick wall "woosh" sound then kills me

Post by Jay_H »

That's normal. Remember that a lot of dungeon blocks are actually variations on other dungeon blocks, with a few minor details changed. The game accounts for all that, and plans out a different route for you to progress.

A red-brick portal that only makes sounds is one of the intended effects.

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

They also sometimes are damage traps so that might be what's killing you.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

13thsyndicate wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:19 pm They also sometimes are damage traps so that might be what's killing you.
Yup, the wooshing sound I am pretty sure is actually a "whiff" sound of an invisible melee attack by the door on the player, which triggers each time you click the brick wall.
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays