Is [0.12.3] crashing more frequently?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
andromacus

Is [0.12.3] crashing more frequently?

Post by andromacus »

Hello, I'm playing with 0.12.3 (with several mods installed), and I noticed that at least on my laptop seems to be much more likely to crash than the previous versions. I would say that the game crashes every 5-10 minutes. It could happen when I enter a new location, when I access to inventory, when I speak with a merchant or browse a shop shelf. Luckily I have the habit of saving very frequently so I can live with this, but I would like to know if I'm the only one experiencing such a great amount of crashed or if it is a known issue.

Anybody having the same experience?

Thanks so much!

Shapur

Re: Is [0.12.3] crashing more frequently?

Post by Shapur »

andromacus wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:08 pm Hello, I'm playing with 0.12.3 (with several mods installed), and I noticed that at least on my laptop seems to be much more likely to crash than the previous versions. I would say that the game crashes every 5-10 minutes. It could happen when I enter a new location, when I access to inventory, when I speak with a merchant or browse a shop shelf. Luckily I have the habit of saving very frequently so I can live with this, but I would like to know if I'm the only one experiencing such a great amount of crashed or if it is a known issue.

Anybody having the same experience?

Thanks so much!
Probably some mod / mods causing this. Could you share your modlist?
Link to my github here.
And here is my nexus profile.

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

Of course! Here is it.

Actually, I haven't realized how many mods I have installed until I wrote them down! :D that could be possibly a cause. I have also to say however that I should have added just few mods in comparison to the previous version, which seemed more stable on my laptop. Let me know if you have any idea or suggestion.

Thanks a lot!

Archaelogists
Basic Roads
DREAM (all modules except Cinematics)
Better Ambience
Travel Options
Birds in Daggerfall
Death Date
Detailed City Walls
Dungeon Loot
Enhanced Sky
Famous Faces of Iliac Bay
Fixed Dungeon Exteriors
Handpainted models
Interesting eroded terrain
Lively cities
Improved Interior Lighting
No Dice
No Equip Delay
Prostitute and Lovers
Random Starting Dungeon
Roleplay realism
Physical Combat Overhaul
Realistic Wagon
Realtime reflection
Skill Books
Skilled Spells
Skullduggery
Sneak and Crouch Combined
Splat terrain texture
Soldier's luxury
Taverns Redone
Third person camera
Torch Taker
Village Variety
Windmills of Daggerfall

Shapur

Post by Shapur »

On the Nexus description of No dice stand: "Made obsolete by LevelUp Adjuster mod by Ralzar which has many more features.". Skilled spells should be replaced with Unleveled Spells.
But that shouldn't be causing crashes I don't think. Hm

Could you send you player.log (after it crashes)?
Does the game crash without any mods enabled?
Link to my github here.

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

Hello Shapur, first of all thanks a lot for trying to solve my issue.

About "No Dice" I installed it just yesterday, but I was noticing the same crash issue since a while, so - as you wrote - it is unlikely that it is due to this one. Could you please tell me how to retrieve the player.log file? I searched on my pc but cannot find any file with that name.

Thanks again for your help!

Shapur

Post by Shapur »

You can find the info here.
Link to my github here.

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

Thanks, I found the file, the last crash happened while I was in a dungeon and tried to open the Map.

Problem now is that it seems I cannot send the file here. When I try to attach the file, the site tells me it is an invalid extension. I also tried to convert it in ".txt" but nothing changes. Any way I can send the log to you in private message?

Thanks again

pango

Post by pango »

Try making a zip archive out of it
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

Thanks!

File is now in attachment, thanks to everyone who could retrieve any useful hint from it!

Thanks again
Attachments
Player.zip
(23.01 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

pango

Post by pango »

Game is running out of memory

Code: Select all

OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_ves_icall_array_new_specific(intptr,int)
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallAutomapWindow.Setup () [0x00289] in <32530fe36c404882a1200bd67cdb7bf9>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallAutomapWindow.OnPush () [0x0000e] in <32530fe36c404882a1200bd67cdb7bf9>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.UserInterfaceManager.AddWindow (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.IUserInterfaceWindow window) [0x0000c] in <32530fe36c404882a1200bd67cdb7bf9>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.UserInterfaceManager.PushWindow (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.IUserInterfaceWindow window) [0x00000] in <32530fe36c404882a1200bd67cdb7bf9>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.DaggerfallUI.ProcessMessages () [0x00607] in <32530fe36c404882a1200bd67cdb7bf9>:0 
at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.DaggerfallUI.Update () [0x0009f] in <32530fe36c404882a1200bd67cdb7bf9>:0

Code: Select all

DFTFU 1.9.0: operatingSystem | Windows 8.1  (6.3.0) 64bit 
DFTFU 1.9.0: Is64BitOperatingSystem | True
DFTFU 1.9.0: Is64BitProcess | False
You're running the 32bit version on a 64bit operating system, is that on purpose? That limits the memory available to the process (to 2GB or 3GB, I don't remember)

They're other errors in the log, but I assume they're unrelated to the crash
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart